Hello Everyone! Well, the wait is over. My post and project went up on Fotobella's blog yesterday so I can finally share it with you. This month I got to work with the Detour I Want It All Bundle by Bo Bunny. This awesome 37-piece kit includes 22 12x12 sheets of premium heavyweight double sided papers (2 each of 11 patterns), 2 sheets of cutout cards, 1 sheet of combo stickers, 1 12x12 chipboard element sheet, rub-ons, 2 differnt sheets of cardstock stickers, dimensional stickers, layered chipboard stickers, jewels, brads, stamps, journaling cards, buttons and trinkets (Whew!). I was so excited I didn't even know where to start. The beautiful matted hues are great for lots of crafting projects...not just travel. Below, is the tutorial for the layout I completed with the bundle kit. There is a couple of tips on how to alter your paper and embellishments to fit your needs. Make note of how I altered the arrow diecut to face the other direction.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today & I hope you enjoy.
Happy crafting :)
SECRET DESTINATIONS LAYOUT
* Quotes paper - side A & B
* Arrows paper - side A
* Stripes paper - side A & B
* Globe Trotting paper - Side A
* Detour paper - side A
* Cutouts paper - side A & B
* Baggage Claim paper - side A
* Cardstock stickers
* Noteworthy diecut journal pages
* Combo sticker
- Mustard cardstock
- Cream cardstock
- Navy cardstock
- Dark blue ink
- Paper trimmer
- Foam tape or pop dots
- 1 1/4" circle punch
- Tim Holtz Rosette Die
1. Use the Quotes - side B paper as your base. If desired, ink the edges with navy ink.
2. Cut the Arrows - side A paper to 11 1/2 " x 11 1/2". Ink the edges and layer on top of
the Arrows paper.
3. Cut a mustard piece of cardstrock to 7" x 9 1/2". Ink the edges.
4. Layer the mustard cardstock in the center of the page, 1 3/4" down from the top.
5. Using the Bracket tab punch by We R Memory Keepers (also available from
Fotobella.com), cut 1 tab from the Detour - side A paper and another from the Bording
Pass - side A paper. Ink the edges.
6. Adhere them under the lower left side of the mustard cardstock as shown.
7. Using a 1 1/2" circle punch, cut a circle from the Detour - side A paper (I used a piece
with a plane on it), and another from the Stripes - side B paper (I used a piece with a
round red cancellation stamp).
8. Pull out the light blue car circle diecut from the Noteworthy diecut journaling tags.
9. Ink the edges of all 3 circles and adhere the circles under the top right corner of the
mustard cardstock as shown.
10. Cut a 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" piece of navy cardstock & ink the edges.
11. Cut a 4 1//8" x 6 1/8" piece of cream cardstock, ink the edges & adhere to the middle of
the navy cardstock.
12. Place a horizontal 4" x 6" photo on the double layered photo mat.
13. Take the "Travel" Noteworthy diecut journaling page, ink the edges & adhere it to the
upper left hand corner of the mustard cardstock (as shown).
14. Layer the matted photo on top of the Travel die cut.
15. Find the blue bracket Noteworthy journaling diecut. Ink the edges & layer it on top,
slightly to the left of the Travel diecut. Tuck the right hand edge under the photo mat.
16. Find the "Adventure" journaling diecut, ink the edges & layer on top of the bracket diecut,
slightly to the right. Tuck the right hand edge under the photo mat.
17. Find the "Destination" journaling diecut, ink the edges. Layer on top of the "Adventure"
diecut, slightly to the left. Use pop dots or foam tape for added dimension.
18. Find the "You Are Here" arrow journaling diecut. Ink the edges & layer on top of the
"Destination" diecut. The right hand edge of the arrow will overlap your photo. (NOTE:
the arrow will be upside-down. We will fix this later).
19. Cut a 2" x 4" piece of paper from the Globe Trotting - side A paper. Cut a triangle into 1
end to form a banner & ink the edges.
20. Cut out the 3" x 4" grid paper tag from the Cutouts paper - side B. Cut a 1 3/4" x 3 "
rectangle from the grid print only. Do not use the striped border. Next, cut a triangle in
one end to form a banner & ink the endges.
21. Cut a 1 1/" x 3" piece from the Stripe paper - side B. Cut a banner on one end & ink
22. Set all 3 banners aside.
23. Cut the "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware" quote from
the Quotes paper - side A. Ink the edges.
24. Place the quote on the layout 5" from the bottom. Adhere to the layout by stapling the left
and right edges only.
25. Tuck all 3 banners under the quote strip as show above and adhere to the layout.
26. Cut a 4 1/2 " strip from the chevron border sticker on the Combo sticker sheet. Ink the
edges and place over the boder stickers, overlapping the quote strip as shown.
27. Using the Tim Holtz rosette die, cut the larger die from the Baggage Claim paper - side
A and another from the Stripes - side A paper. If you do not have this die, you can make
rosettes on your own:
- Cut a 1" x 9 " strip of paper
- Score the paper every 1/4"
- Accordian fold the paper
- Adhere the ends together, forming a circle
- Place a large dollop of hot glue in the middle to keep the center as tight as possible
28. Place the red Love Life metal brad through the center of the Baggage Claim rosette &
adhere to the right hand side of the chevron sticker strip, as shown.
29. Place the light blue suitcase epoxy brad through the center the the Stripe rosette & adhere
to the upper left hand corner of the photo, as shown.
30. Find the "exploring" sticker on the cardstock sticker sheet. Place on top of the arrow
diecut, covering up the upside-down words "are here".
31. Take 3 large jewels of your choice & cover up the upside-down word "you". Now the
arrow faces the correct direction on your layout & highlights the photo by pointing to it,
not away from it. This is a great tip to keep in mind. You can customize your
embellishments to fit your needs with just a little bit of creative layering. This technique
works great on stickers that my have words or phrases on it that don't necessarily fit your
layout theme but the colors match your paper.